Pest & Weed Control
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT FROM PEST & WEEDS
We Offer Eco-Friendly Solutions
First impressions are critical, and invasive weeds can strike and instant negative mark in the eyes of customers and visitors. What’s more, they put the health of your lawn at risk and invite more pests onto your property. They can also be fuel for fires and harborage for insects, rodents and other pests. New Image Landscaping & Tree Service, Inc., has a comprehensive pest and weed control program that is tailored to meet your property’s specific needs, like control of annual grasses, broadleaf weeds, and invasive species. We have specialized equipment available to treat open acreage, access trails, and hard-to-reach areas. We understand how to eradicate any existing weeds and how to protect your lawn from future infestations. Our weed and pest control experts are highly trained and knowledgeable.
Insect Control. As a company we prefer to avoid liquid spray applications in the residential setting whenever possible; rather we encourage the use of granular systemic insecticides applied annually to the soil. These products have little impact on the environment with virtually no chance of migration to another site, pet area, etc. We only recommend liquid chemical applications when damage from a pest infestation may cause the loss of a plant.
- Spring application of granular systemic insecticides should be completed before plant materials reach full leaf. The existing mulch (if not being mulched after application) is pulled away from the root zone and the product is broadcast around the base of the tree or shrub. The mulch is then reapplied to cover the granular product and keep it in place. Moisture will slowly breakdown the product and it will be absorbed into the plant’s vascular system. When insect pests feed, they are controlled and/or move on to an untreated plant. This is a service we recommend by professional application only.
Weed control is an important consideration in maintaining both the aesthetic appearance of your landscape as well as allowing for proper form of your plantings as they grow. When your plantings were installed, we applied a pre-emergent weed control product to all of your planting beds. While this product will not eliminate all weeds that pop up after a new installation, it will reduce the numbers present by desiccating the weeds right when the seeds germinate. Even with this application, you should expect weeds to develop 2-3 weeks after your installation as we have disturbed the soil and brought many latent seed and rhizomes to the surface.
What to do in the future
- Apply pre-emergent weed control each spring to all planting beds. Pre-emergent is best installed prior to re-mulching, which is also recommended annually.
- Manually remove weeds as they occur sporadically throughout your planting beds. Note: we always recommend wearing gloves when pulling weeds. You never know when you may run into something you are allergic to, or worse yet, Poison Ivy!
- In severe weed outbreaks, post emergent weed control may be the best approach. Always take extreme care when applying post emergent weed controls as they will kill or harm all green tissue they contact.
- It is also always an option to take advantage of the services we offer for maintaining your investment in landscaping. We offer full landscape maintenance programs for all clients.
Call us for a free estimate today.